I saw the trap on youtube "mousetrap monday" and started printing Markus design.
I left it printing overnight and (yes I hate long prints) I saw in the morning that there had been a jam in the spool just when it was almost finished.....
So I started to redesign a single trap (half of the printing time and reduced risk in a total loss)
This is the result.
It's just the body. Reuse the choker, arm and bolt parts from the original design
Thanks to Markus for the optimized design! Thanks to this old French designer that once did the initial thinkering
So while the trap was still printing, I thought it might be a good idea to add a small pocket to put the bait in. See in the files section for the magical 'bait' word in the name.
I posted a small video here
I printed all the parts using a Volcano with a 0,6mm nozzle in PLA
- infill : 25%
- no support.
- Layers height :0,4mm
- Extrusion width : 0,72mm.
- Top and bottom : 3 layers,
- Perimeter shells : 3.
I used some 1mm rope I had laying around. Just an initial knot needed. The end locks very well in the slot.