It seems that the new Anet A6s have two mount screw holes in front for the other auto-level sensor. As such, I made this mount to allow the 3d BLTouch that I purchased to use the mount.
- Install 3d BL Touch with mount provided
- Create the wiring harness.
I purchased 2.54mm Dupont Connector Kit, a JST-XHP connector kit, and a Dupont Crimp tool for the job. I'll post some pictures of the final product later.
- Strip pin 3 on the LCD connector and add a pin to it. This is for the LCD with the 5 buttons on the right (Zonestar LCD) only. See attached pic. Other LCDs use different pins. Check out the documentation in pins_ANET_10.h)
- Connect it all up. Note that I didn't Y the two grounds together, but instead used a GND pin (pin 8) on the free/open LCD connector on the mainboard.
- Reload Marlin with the following settings.
Original work goes to https://www.thingiverse.com/ithinuel and his Anet mount https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2451350. Also https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2091529 has some great comments on the steps you can take.
Tested on Marlin 1.1.9
#define X_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER 0
#define Y_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -57
#define Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER -1.90
#define AUTO_BED_LEVELING_LINEAR // I hear bilinear is better. Haven't tried yet
#define LEFT_PROBE_BED_POSITION 20
#define RIGHT_PROBE_BED_POSITION 190
#define FRONT_PROBE_BED_POSITION 20
#define BACK_PROBE_BED_POSITION 150
Then test! Followed the advise here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2091529
PLA works fine. No need for anything special.