I wanted to built a really reliable printer which is reade for the E3D tool changing mechanism, when it is finally realeased.
At first I planned to built a Hypercube / Hypercube Evolution but soon found I that the design was not stiff enough for the build area I was aiming for.
So I started optimising all parts and changed all linear guides to Hiwin Rails (MGN12 for y- and MGN9 for x-axis). While doing so I also added an "electronics compartment" on the back using 3060 aluminium extrusion.
The printer features a built area of roughly 500x500x500mm. The y-axis is optimised to allow space for the tool changing mechanism. I included an Excel Sheet so you may calculate the requiered length, if you aim for a smaller version.
For detailted instructions & bom have a look at the instructable: