This remix of the excellent human skull by @trailogy adds a lightup effect.
- Scaled up to make space for everything.
- Cut a cavity for the LED glow circuit assembly (from Tinkercad) which houses the LED and battery.
- Cut two holes going from the eyes into the LED cavity.
You will need a CR2032 coin battery and a standard LED.
I used a colour-cycling LED so it slowly fades from red to green to white to blue to yellow. But any kind of LED will work.
Printed with transparent PLA it comes out looking awesome! And pretty freaky, so my kids love it!
Warning: don't let little kids get their hands on the battery, it is very dangerous if swallowed!
15% for skull, 20% for GCA
- Slide the battery into the legs of the LED so it lights up (only works one way round).
- You shouldn't need to bend the legs of the LED.
- Slide the LED legs (with the battery between them) into the vertical slots in the middle of the Glow Circuit Assembly (GCA).
- They should slide in snugly and the battery and LED should be held in place reasonably firmly.
- Place the GCA into the cavity at the base of the skull, LED first.
- Press the base of the GCA into place so it locks in. My print was firm, I had to place it on a table and press down to lock it in place.
- There are openings in the side of GCA so it is easy to get it out again, to change the battery.