My son is a huge fan of dinosaurs and fell in love with the Flexi Rex by DrLex so I decided to do a series. I based all of them on the link dimensions he put in the picture at the bottom of his post. This is the first dinosaur in the series, I plan to make 5 total. I tried to keep this one like Flexi Rex, note the eye and mouth. My others become a bit more realistic and less cartoonish. I still really like flexi though.
This was my first real attempt at creating anything flexible. It really helped me test the limits of things I can print and just how few supports you need sometimes. Thanks for the inspiration! Enjoy!
Prints fine with no supports. Comes off the print bed fully flexible.
Should not need any post printing clean up. Depending on your printer you may have to "pop" a joint or two to get them moving.
I used DrLex's measurements for a link then linear patterned the torso. I used a DXF I created in Inkscape and cut the shape out. Then I created another link off the backside and patterned it for the tail. Version one had one solid horn instead of the two separate on the top of his head but I played with the settings and got it turned into two without needing supports.