The thing that will get stuck to your build surface forever!
by kyle59, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
After I printed this top I had the worst time getting it off my build surface. I ended up peeling off my tape to get it off! I designed it with tabs on it to help remove it from the table and it turned out they are too small and snapped of immediately.
If you can get a good spin it will spin for a long time since it is so heavy. Given the shape it prints with 100% infill no matter what your settings are so at 72mm it weighs in at 36 grams!
- Try to remove form build surface.
- Get really mad and give up!
- Have a beer and go to bed
- Come back the next morning and peel off the Kapton tape to get it to come off (anyone else notice the adhesive on Kaptop tape smells like cat urine?)
- Reapply Kaptop tape and consider waxing the build surface before printing it again.
- Glue the top together with super glue if it came off in one piece.
See it spin
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
The thing that will get stuck to your build surface forever! by kyle59 is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving kyle59 a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure kyle59 would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).