Galaxy S3 Car Mount W/ NFC Tag
by kcmelty, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
I designed this mount for my Samsung Galaxy S3 without a case. It mounts into my CD slot that is .125" tall.
The center blind hole and cap are for a NFC tag. I used NFC Task Launcher and their 1" dia. tag.
(4) #4 x 3/8" flat head screws
(4) #4 hex nuts
- Print GS3-Plate.stl or the individual parts. Use at least 2 extra shells.
- Resize through holes to .129"
- Touch up 82deg. countersinks if needed to ensure the screws are below flush.
- Cut off standoffs under the tabs that insert into the CD slot.
- Assemble using #4 flat head screws and nuts.
- Stick the NFC tag inside the cap and install it into the mount.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Galaxy S3 Car Mount W/ NFC Tag by kcmelty is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving kcmelty a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure kcmelty would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).