Kossel Mini SmartLCD-Case
by schlotzz, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
A simple case for the RepRapDiscount SmartLCD controller on a Kossel Mini with 15mm extrusions. It features an SD card slot and an emergency halt button.
Note: The knob for the rotary encoder is not part of this thing. I've used http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6194
- Slice model and print case and button separately. I used Slic3r with 0.2mm layer thickness and a 0.5mm J-Head nozzle. Printing a few buttons at the same time improves their quality due to a longer cooling time between layers.
- Use wire cutter, knife and file to clean out the SD card slot support structure.
- Use 2mm drill to clean mounting holes on button.
- Mount button inside of case with 2x small screws. The button should move freely inside of its hole and return to its initial position on its own.
- Use 4x M3x8mm screws, washers and nuts to mount case in front of your Kossel Mini.
- Insert SmartLCD controller board into case.
- Use 4x M3x6mm screws to mount board inside of case.
- Connect controller board with data cables.
- Attach knob on rotary encoder.
- Have fun with your controller case. ;-)
Note: Using a different color for button and knob looks more fancy ;-)
What you need
Parts used (BOM):
- 1x case (printed)
- 1x emergency halt button (printed)
- 1x knob (printed, not part of this thing)
- 4x M3x6mm allen head screws
- 4x M3x8mm allen head screws
- 4x M3 washers
- 4x M3 nuts
- 2x small wood screws, about 2x5mm
- wire cutter
- small flat file
- 2mm drill
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Kossel Mini SmartLCD-Case by schlotzz is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving schlotzz a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure schlotzz would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).