This is mount for E3D Titan Extruder on Makeblock mElephant 3D printer. Mount is opt-in - no additional modifications for the printer are required except 4 shorter M4 bolts to hold the mount. In general I'm very happy with this E3D upgrade.
Additionally [https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1571526](E3D Titan Extruder Fan Mount for Prusa i3) can be used.
Version 1 was made with OpenSCAD. Multiple issues were detected after v1 which were fixed v2. Contact me if you'd like to get scad file of v1.
Version 2 (current)
- Raised extruder vertically to save height on Y axis.
- Shifted extruder to the left side a bit so E3D v6 heat sink would not cover mounting bolts. Additionally this centered prints a bit.
- Moved extruder back because noozle was moving out of bed when z-axis was at home position.
- Mount made more robust to reduce vibrations.
- Increase sizes of holes for bolts and leveling sensor. Increasing by 0.25-0.5 mm should be enough. Currently bolts and the sensor must be screwed in with a some force.
- Move sensor nearer the extruder and a bit forward. There is no need to keep it so far.
- Theoretically extruder can be moved to the left side even further to center prints. This is not necessary though.
- Add support for noozle coolers.
Makeblock mElephant (Prusa clone)
Make sure model is oriented in proper way - bottom of the model must be on bed.
I've used ZigZag supports from Cura. Those are pretty easy to take off. Make sure mark "touching buildplate" checkbox.