An Apartment Friendly Dry-Erase Board
by Relentless, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This a dry erase board I designed after I found that most larger dry erase boards required screwing into a stud, and are crazy expensive. So this was my alternative.
- Print 2 each "Mount1".
- Print 2 each "Mount2".
- Print 4 each "Mount3".
Note: The flat portions of the mounts go to the rear of the dry-erase board.
- Print 1 each "Pen Clip".
- Procure a 24" X 30" X 1/8" pane of glass. (preferably tempered)
- Using sandpaper wet-sand the edges of the glass to remove any burs.
- Dry fit the mounts in place and mark with dry erase markers.
- Now remove the mounts and gently wet-sand the areas marked with a course sand paper. Now clean the area with a paper towel and a little rubbing alcohol. This is to remove any dust or oils that may be on the glass.
- Next run a liberal bead of "Liquid Nails Clear Silicone Adhesive (or equivalent) into the mounts openings and fit into place. Don't be afraid to put a glob of it in there you can always clean it up later. Also be careful that you don't hurt yourself pushing the mounts on. They have a tight fit.
- Remove the excess silicone with a paper towel dampened with a little rubbing alcohol.
- Let the silicone cure for 48 hours (per directions on tube).
- Apply 8 each medium command adhesive strips to the back of the mounts.
- Using a paper towel moistened with rubbing alcohol clean the area the dry erase board will go to remove any dust or oils.
- Apply the dry erase board. Be sure to press each mount into the wall for a good 20 seconds each. This gives the adhesive time to bond to the wall.
- Install the pens and pen clip.
- Now your all done and have a cool minimalist dry erase board to organize with or just be creative with.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
An Apartment Friendly Dry-Erase Board by Relentless is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving Relentless a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure Relentless would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).