Oeps, I did it again...
By creating a small tutorial, about how to create your own duplo compatible mini car, just created an other one. This will definitely be my last one.. I guess...
I'm using "microsoft 3D builder" (free app) to do all car body (STL) manipulations.
Also created a couple of 'subtract tools' in an other CAD package, so just use them.
Way of working:
See pictures above: steps 1 to 6.
- Use solid car bodies (or make it solid by adding geometry inside).
- Always work in center, so you don't make alignment errors.
(Especially during scaling of the car body.)
- If you want a minifig sitting in the car, you need to subtract a lot more. Some subtraction tools have this ability. But in some cases, you better create your own additional 'subtract tools' for the windows & minifig body.
- Also a subtraction tool for the lego-track (shovel) is available.
(Do you know a nice remix for this one?)
- There are also 2x 3FM files, inculding: car_base_2xX, wheels & minifig.
Good luck editing your own car and show me your designs.
Download all duplo cars at once.
Added also a land rover version, allowing a minifig to sit inside the car.
This one is done completely in CAD. Also scale is somewhat different.
Overview and Background
About editing existing STL and creating interface to other system.
Lesson Plan and Activity