I have remixed the fantastic work from chiz and made my own version. I changed the original design for some reasons:
1) here in Australia I couldn't find the same items in the original BOM - found different items from KMART or spare parts of previous projects
2) I wanted something simple that I could control with switches instead of the automated programs
3) I was not a big fan of the tupperware look as I will keep this device on my desk.
I have just posted some photos and some of the parts designs. If I see that someone is interested I can prepare more detailed instructions/BOM.
As the original Polysher or the version from chiz it only works with PolySmooth filament, and ethanol higher than 90%
After some tests I decided to add a small fan to create an ethanol airflow that made the polishing more uniform, and mounted it on a support I designed with a good angle to optimize the flow.
The main items are (I will post the urls if someone from OZ is interested):
- Plastic top - food container 4liters from Kmart
- Wooden bottom - bamboo container from Kmart (I will make a printable version as well)
- Lid/plate/base - printed
- 5v stepper motor + driver - Amazon
- Stepper holder - printed
- Arduino (nano or due) - Amazon
- 2 Standard Switches - Amazon
- Button - Amazon
- Button cover - printed
- humidifier - MINISO shop 15$ disassembled (any 5v humidifier is fine, same as one from chiz) with its own liquid container
- Shaft (8mm metal standard shaft) - Amazon
- Shaft to base connector - printed
- Shaft to motor connector - printed
- 12v fan - (powered at 5v to run slowly) Amazon
- Fan mount - printed
- 5v power supply Amazon
The inside looks a bit messy cause I kept the wires very long, so that I can disassemble the plate more easily. The actual wiring is pretty simple, I will provide it if anyone needs it.
NOTE - I am still in the process of publishing the stl files.
I am also planning to replace the bamboo bottom with a printed version that I will publish.
Filamentum - Polymaker for the items to be polished PLA
23/11/2018 added stl files: base, platform, fan mount, shaft-to-motor and shaft-to-platform conenctors,