Loading
mcabra

Hypercube Tool Changer/Multi Material Parking Extruders

by mcabra Nov 21, 2018
Download All Files

Thing Apps Enabled

Please Login to Comment

Wow. Good call with the carriage plate, now you can use all the layer fan ducts that are available, right?

Hey thank you! I plan to make "ferrings" to clean it up nice but still keep it simple.

I had to make a new shroud for the design. The normal shrouds are 10mm too tall and 30mm behind.

I really enjoyed actually making the new.shroud, and going to post Hypercube and HEVO versions!

Above all, thank you !!!!

As you and your work on your original listing is what inspired me to finally go out and try to build a Hypercube and make something cool like yours! I seem to be about there and am very excited !

Thank you !!

Hey there!

I have made lots of progress with my remix! Currently, I have the machine working perfectly with a single tool now.

My current problem now is with implementation of firmware. Would love to pick your brain about this.

Basically the final steps before it is complete! Will post my progress as a remix shortly!

Though could use some help! Thank you for putting the firmware you are using by the way. You have been critical to my project for a tool changer. Absolutely critical. I can't thank you enough for your work.

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you !!

THANK YOU !!

ps. make & r remix coming shortly mate :-). Would not be possible without your work here. This is something I have wanted to implement into a core XY design fvor a long time though i don have a core XY.

So, I solved that problem and went off and built one from scratch.

my next move, to implement multi material something to my core XY.

And believe it or not, you actually posted this here like 2 days after i had started my core xy build. all i had planned at that time, now a week or so ago, was to try a multiplecer style design.

And instead, i found your amazing and fantastic design here, while i was searching for a multiplexer i could modify/use and also was trying to find appropriate z-carriages for my build too.

stumbling upon your design here for me, has been just about the coolest thing i have seen in a while. and you immediately inspired me to pursue this and make it work with my core xy!

so now i am actively working on a retrofit/remix the design to be compatible with my core XY, to finally achieve my dream of a self build core XY 3d printer with mutlti extrusion capabilities.

i just have a request. wouuld you be able to provide me with a proper cad / step / obj file so that i can work on this and remix it properly to work with my core xy.

i will of course honor you by posting all my work to yours as a remix for sure. and share my cad files with you as well.

perhaps via email or something if you prefer not to post here.

it would honestly save me more than a few hours having to resketch the design on fusion 360 to work on it.

Please, that would be truly fantastic.

Davi0489@gmail.com

I never suspected a reaction like that! This is awesome, thanks!

I made all this in OnShape. Here's the link: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/5071e85df0930e65c0cc2af2/w/badb762cd48a47ea819a4d8e/e/8e2c6f17a958ff0f69f4eb57 (I'm not sure how sharing works, I hope you'll be able to fork it or something).

Please make (remix) something better.

Thank you for adding the video. I was very interested to see how your multi material design works. I will continue to watch to see how it progresses.
For an alternative to kapton tape for a wiper go see Thomas Sanladerer's E3d videos. There is one where they use a brass brush for a wiper. The video shows the head taking a few passes over it before heading to the print area.