After printing the remixed cooling manifold for the folgertech kossel 2020 rev.b i am bringing back from the dead, I decided i wanted a V6 hotend instead of the the v5-ish thing it came with. Just for consistency and compatibility of parts with my tronxy x5s.
Seems simple, right? Just has to be 7mm shorter and have a slightly different clamping area for the top of the heatsink. I also brought the sides in closer to the heatsink so that more of the airflow is forced through the fins.
Yeah it was a pain in the kiester and i had to do it twice to get it right. So I only did the one version that i was interested in.
The holder for the inductive approach sensor doesn't worth worth a damn, so the next time i need to print one of these i might remix this without that part.
I mean, maybe if you use some epoxy putty to hold the sensor it might work. It turns out that on a delta, a Z probe has to be perfectly vertical or the resulting geometry will have a tilt to it. I got tired of fiddling with it and just use the manual delta calibration in klipper.
This design didn't have any clearance issues with the magnetic effector, but trying it just now with the original effector, the heatsink fan is too high. I might fix that in a later remix, but for now i have added a small spacer you can print. 2mm high, but you can scale it to whatever height in your slicer.