Just a little update, I have used this design now for a few months and encountered a small problem with PLA. The parts that get bent get stuck pushed in after a few weeks/months of use, they are still working but aren't clamping in the lens as well after some time.
Haven't tested it with other materials jet, will test PETG and HIPS in the near future. If others can contribute their experience I would appreciate it greatly!
This is a replacement lens cap for at the moment
37, 39, 40.5, 43, 46, 49, 52, 55, 58, 62, 67, 72, 77, 82, 86, 95 and 105 mm lenses, just select the right one from the download section.
I made it mostly parametric, so if you need another size just send a message to me and I may export it for you.
I designed it for my Olympus gear and only printed the 55mm version myself but it should work and fit any threaded lens.
For smaller versions you might need to use a one mm smaller diameter cap as someone commented (or just scale the cap down 2-4% but that might do wonky things to the required gaps, but I already set the diameter for all of them 1mm smaller so if your printer is doing well and the material isn't deforming too much while printing it should work well.
This print is optimised for a 0.4mm nozzle, your slicer might remove some essential gaps and walls if you use another diameter for your nozzle (especially wider ones).
Make sure that the cap is fitting and not scratching on your lens before using it, as damage to it is entirely your own fault and not my responsibility.
0.4mm nozzle & 0.1/0.2mm layer
Any PLA (Hard Slightly bendy Material)
Used Cura for slicing.
2-3 Wall lines are more than enough.
0.6-0.8mm Top Bottom thickness
Unselect "filter out tiny gaps" it might remove the gaps required to get the gripping thingies moving...
It is intended to be printed with the lens facing side up.
Remove these ridges, they are only there as support while printing.