This is my first submitted design. I am no expert. I am including the original Freecad files in case anyone would like to look over the work or further develop it for their own use.
This is a housing and drawer for small parts storage.
I am hoping to add some additional drawer/housing sizes in the coming weeks (namely a 1x2, 2x1 and 2x2 drawer and housing).
The original designs were from https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2420368
I incorporated some ideas from https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3079016 as well.
I wanted to round over all the corners of the exterior of the housing because I had actually cut my fingers assembling some of the housing when I first printed them.
If you choose to install magnets into the housing and drawers they are designed to accept 8mm diameter with 3mm thick round magnets.
Obviously you will want to print the drawers flat on the bed so make sure you rotate them accordingly. The housing you will want to print with the back wall flat on the bed so it looks like it is standing tall. This was my first Freecad experience and I am afraid I didn't think through the direction of design.
All constructive criticism is welcome.
I printed these using the following settings:
Layer Height: 0.2mm
Shell Thickness: 1.2mm
Bottom/Top Thickness: 1.2mm
Fill Density: 100%
Nozzle Size: 0.4mm
Initial Layer Thickness: 0.2mm
Installing the magnets
I wanted to mention, in case you don't think of it, when installing the magnets make sure you have all the north/south poles of the magnets in the same direction. I neglected to do this, so I ended up having to mark individual drawers to match their housings. If you mix this up by accident, the magnets will actually repel the drawers instead of holding them in! lol :)
By putting all the magnets in the same direction, you can take out the drawers and it won't matter what housing you put them back in to, they will work.
Also, the drawers are a little stiff to put into the housing, but they do go in. If you have trouble you can try sanding down the little retaining knob on the inside of the housing. I did not have to do this. These were assembled without any real post print maintenance.