A coworker asked about making a set of custom Game of UR board games for a classroom. I had no clue what "UR" was but quickly learned. A few rounds of iterations and we came up with these boxes. Each board takes two sheets of 10"x10" 3mm ply [http://a.co/d/gJfbDH1]. I used SvenPS' postscript to generate the hinged box and then added the playing surface by copying and modifying DonaldSayers SVG. See the Remix section for links. (Thanks for sharing your work SVenPS and DonaldSayers!)
I changed the graphics to be vector etching instead of raster fill to save time. For laser settings; cut the green layer first, etch the black layer, finally cut the red layer. Post processing requires 1/2 of the player pieces be stained or marked and it's probably a good idea seal the boxes for durability.
For assembly I used RDX_x's strap clamp [https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2747568] to glue the boxes together with a little wood glue. They probably didn't need to be glued but it doesn't hurt.
Print 2 Sided Die
If you search for "Game of Ur" you can find lots of options for two sided die, so I didn't recreate the wheel on that part. [https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2308211 and https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3159479 are just a few good examples]
There are three pictures included but the final version is the one that is clamped and drying. The size was increased, the boarder was combined into two lines to reduce non-etching travel time, and the flourishing added to the sides of the box in the final version.