If you enjoy building and flying model rockets, then this tool can be invaluable as it will allow you to design and build an extensive range of model rocket body tube coupler, transition and cluster adapter types, configurations and sizes.
Shell thickness and infill are not critical, but for stronger parts, a thicker shell is better. The generated parts are optimized to print upright and should produce very good results on just about any well-maintained printer.
transition type, height, front and rear body tube outside diameter (OD) and inside diameter (ID) are all configurable. You may need to tweak the inside diameter by a few dozen microns for best fit as different printers and filament material may deviate slightly. Sandpaper and tape can often correct some of that, but you may prefer to be nominally accurate.
This tool can generate the following transition configurations:
- Single - conventional single tube-to-tube coupler or transition
- Double - single front tube, two rear tubes
- Triple - single front tube, three rear tubes
- Triple Flat - single front tube, three in-line rear tubes
- Quadruple - single front tube, four rear tubes
- Quintuple - single front tube, five rear tubes
Review the included illustrations for details on how to use. Open in Customizer and enjoy.
Take a look here for additional things you may find interesting.
If you like my work, likes and tips are appreciated.
Thank you for your interest.