One of the best things about the Christmas Holidays is how crafty gifts have become. I truly believe it is behind most of us to just go to the department stores and buy gifts in bulk. I have noticed a trend among me and my friends and I believe this is what Christmas is all about. Making your own gifts and adding a personal touch. During a workshop organised by my company Fantastic Services Group as part of our green initiative, we made a lot of beautiful things that are not only greener and more nature friendly, but also made very beautiful gifts. Soaps, lip balms and small face cleansers were all, but just a small part of everything we learned about essential oils and the cleansing qualities of just natural ingredients.
For this project (my personal favourite) you will need:
• 2 gr Beeswax;
• 4 gr Pure Cold-Pressed Coconut Oil;
• 2 gr Cold-Pressed Cocoa Butter;
• 4 gr Cold-Pressed Almond Oil;
• Mineral Pigments of your choice;
• 1 drop essential oil of your choice (I used orange);
Please note: It is important to get your quantities right!
- Thoroughly measure all the ingredients on a small scale;
- Turn on the melting pot (I used one for chocolate fondue). Don't worry it works perfectly and cleans easily;
- Add the beeswax and melt it down;
- Add the coconut oil and almond oil and melt - don't forget to thoroughly stir until a homogenous mixture;
- Add your mineral pigment and essential oil - energetically mix and remove from heat;
- Quickly transfer to a clean container;
- Wait for the beeswax to harden and for the balm to cool down.
Use in approximately half an hour. Enjoy! You can decorate Christmas-y and give as a gift to your female colleagues and girlfriends.