I was looking for a tea light that could be sent in an envelope as a kind of Christmas greeting card. There are a lot of tea lights here, but I haven't found one that folds or is pluggable. So I thought about how it could work, that the parts could be sent inexpensively in a bubble envelope.
And here comes my tea light. It is designed for printing with two colours with a dual extruder or multi-material, but can also be printed with one colour and the text as a hole. By the way, it seems that the file doesn't work properly in Customizer. I recommend to download the file and edit it locally.
For multi material, you have to do two exports, one with "what_to_print" set to "text", and one with "what_to_print" set to "rest". If you print only with one color, set the "fontthickness" higher as the "windowthickness" and export only the "rest".
Hint: You can print this also with two colors, even if you have only a single extruder.
- export both files, text and rest, as you would do for multi material print
- start with the text file. Load it into your slicer, but do not move the object on the print plate.
- print the text
- remove all from the print bed but the text (for example skirt and prime)
- change the filament
- now load the rest file into your slicer
- print the rest. For Prusa MK2/3, bed leveling should work also with this first layer printed on the bed, because the distance from nozzle to bed is more than 0.2 mm
- if this works for you, please let others know
There is a remix for Christmas "ready to print", also for single extruder: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3263965
Please post picture of your make.
The assembly is done by the recipient of the gift, isn't it?
Fixed a syntax error at mirroring.
Now for each side you can configure different font and font size (for example when you are using languages like russia, it's better to use a font like Arial). You can also configure the line spacing.
Added a small nose to the top.
Added some slots for better air circulation.
doesn't matter PETG
red and blue