Spring Thing springy ball!
Fully 3D printable. Just print the core and 12 of the springs. Springs screw into the core with a Phillips screwdriver. For best results, clear the core thread with the optional tool first and use a thumbnail to clear spring threads.
The ball will bounce fairly well but the springs can break if impact is too much. Can be dropped from about waist high without breaking in my experiments.
- Print core at 15% or more infill
- Print springs solid or with 4 perimeters for strength.
- Print without supports at 0.2 layer height.
- Plate at least 4 springs at a time for efficiency.
- Good plate adhesion and bridging capabilities recommended.
- Tool is optional but useful to help clear core threads.
- Print extra springs to replace them if they break.
- Be careful when driving with a screwdriver. Don't force too much.
Edit: Added a different version of the spring that may be better for flexable materials like TPU but it is untested.
3DMars PLA PLA
15%-20% core, Solid for springs
Good plate adhesion and bridging capabilities recommended.