My own take on the westar 34 blasters as used by Jango Fett in Attack of the Clones.
I've uploaded a new version of the files. The revisions are all about how it prints and assembles, not how it looks. Changes include:
- The parts are split up more to reduce overhangs / supports when printing.
- The tabs/slots are larger and sturdier.
- There is a tab on the top of the trigger for a stronger connection.
- The grips include alignment holes to make assembling them easier.
- The hole for the brass rod in the trigger goes all the way through and into the grip
For my own prints, I don't use the "brass-rod" file. I bought some 1/8" brass rod on Amazon and filed the end round.
For the screw holes, I used 3mm round head screws (also amazon). They aren't functional, but look nicer than printed screws.
For the alignment holes you can use some small pieces of 1.75mm filament. I prefer 16 ga. copper wire, but filament should work.
Any parts that need to be glued, I use CA glue (superglue)
For the finish I sand, Bondo Glazing putty and filler primer until smooth, making sure to scrape out anything that builds up in the fine grooves so they stay sharp. Then paint with your favorite rattle can / air brush / whatever colors.
Edit 12 April 2019:
I just added a file "wetform.stl" -- I printed this to use as the block to wet form leather holsters over. It's sized to fit this prints and worked out nicely for me. I printed it in vase mode with a 1.0mm nozzle volcano hot end.