Demo video: https://youtu.be/pnukLA6M1yQ
At long last, here it is: a Nerf Kronos holster that, other than screws, is 100% 3D printable in PLA (the only material I've tested).
First, this is a prototype of a prototype. In other words, I made this as a proof of concept and the next iteration will be a completely different build from scratch and in proper CAD as this is all done in Tinkercad.
Second, I designed this to be printable on smaller printers (because that's what I have), so any criticisms on looks will be summarily dismissed because I know it looks like a helicopter that gave up trying.
Third, I have no plans at this time to sell this version and anyone selling this is a thief, period. If anything changes regarding the aforementioned, I'll be sure to update this description.
----- PRINT SETTINGS -----
As far as print settings, I printed everything at 100% infill to make up for my lack of skill in both design and properly calibrating my 3D printer, resolution shouldn't matter much.
As far as supports and skirts and the like, you know your printer better than I do, and you probably know my printer better than I do. Yes, if in doubt?
----- INSTRUCTIONS -----
The screws I used were leftovers from previous Nerf/toy-blaster shells. If you don't have those, go thrifting or buy them from OutofDarts. :D
After acquiring 8-11 screws and printing these parts, assemble them in the only way that makes sense. I've included a file that has all the parts "assembled" in CAD as a guide on how it goes together.
The weird plate and attachment point parts are designed so that you can select which angle you like, so if you want a cross-body draw, you can adjust that within increments of 12.5 degrees. If you want a 90 degree drop-leg, you can set that.
You'll notice there are no holes for the release on the main sled? Yeah, I can't seem to get that to print right in the file no matter what I do, so you're going to have to manually set the Kronos blaster in the sled, slide the release into the sled and get it to sit snug.
Mark where the release "tongue" meets the sled, then gently release the blaster by ever-so-slightly pulling down on it. Make sure it didn't slide around, mark screw holes, and drill it with a drill bit smaller than those screws you're using, and secure it.
I recommend only doing one screw at first; if you mess up the first hole, you have two more to try.
As far as securing this to molle, you'll need to have two molle straps. I made my own, but they are inferior to what's easily available on Thingiverse and therefore aren't included. :)
Oh! If you're wondering what the screw-holes and indents on the bottom of the sled are, it's for expansions. I'll be releasing something for that, hopefully soon.
I'm sure I've forgotten something at this point. I'll edit as necessary in the future.
Thanks, and let me know if you have questions!