A new kitbash of various models to result in this Human Samurai. Useful for Fighters and Kensei Monk.
One with Naginata(Glaive) and sheathed Katana and one with just pulled out Katana.
Started with the excellent Benkai half oni from DuncanShadow.
- Remove head and fixed necklace after removing head.
- Removed Naginata for repositioning or replacing with Katana
- Separated hand for reposing. Unique pose in each version.
- Separated Katana tsuka (handle) in Sword version for adding to Katana blade
- Lengthened sword saya (sheath) to make it look more like katana, rather than wakizashi.
- Added saya top with small hole for Sword version.
Got the head from the Dual-wielding Ranger Ben from Valander
- Loved the ponytail, goes so well with the Samurai look.
- Face details always get a bit lost when I print this.
Got the Katana blade from Basic Katana from ChaosCoreTech
- Used only blade. Tsuka came from original model. Stretched to make printable\fit.
Build a grass base from Graveyard Grass Tile from Lifeburn.
- Sliced in circle. Sliced height. Played with scale to get appropriate look.
If you want to make a no-weapon or different weapon version, use the Sword version. You should be able to remove the sword easily (and hand "glue" model for sword hand) in any modeling program. Or remove the sword for use in another model.
They are a little tall, but I think this size is still good for DnD and helps your printers ability to to create enough detail to make them look good.
The prints look better than the high res photos give them credit for. The lighting is unforgiving.
Thanks for all of the original designers to give me the things I needed to put this character together.