This thing is a remix of thing:356284, a replacement for the Da Vinci 1.0 Y axis bearing mount which is prone to easily crack or break under normal stress.
The remix removes the need for the original dxf file base and substitutes it with three cylinders in OpenSCAD that are made thicker for a stronger part.
Casings for two M3 nuts are also added for an easier installation.
The version with the spring pin to be used for the front bearings is enabled by setting the variable spring_pin = "yes".
As can be seen in the rendering the wall is slimmer by the pin so that the spring tension is the same as with the original mount.
Printed with ABS with 0.2 mm thickness and 40% infill with fan turned 100% on after the first three layers to avoid shrinkage and poor dimensional accuracy.
The challenge was to print the part while the printer had the original bearing mount broken.
I used fishing line to temporarily hold the right y axis rod up while also pulling backwards and printed at 20 mm/s to reduce backlash.
While replacing the mount I also found another source of Y backlash that has been bothering for a while.
It turns out that because the Y axis stepper motor is mounted on the lower side of the external most right sheet of metal of the case which is fastened to the inner sheet of metal only on the upper half, the strong pull of the motor causes a slight Y backlash on one direction.
The solution is to drill additional holes and fasten the two sheets of metal together on the lower half as showed in the picture.