Since printing a sphere in vase mode is not really possible and wouldn't result in interesting objects this is a compromise with nice results.
Please read my printing settings and expect some fails and time for tweaking - this is more a challenge to get a nice print and how far you can go in vase mod than a quick and easy print!
The following can be adjusted:
- number of edges: more edges bring it close to a sphere however they reveal the actual shape…
- size: for smaller or bigger stl
- stretch: a higher value makes the object easier to print however it results in a longer shape
- pattern: although zigzag looks interesting you can choose to make it with a single right or left turn
- hole: for those who want to print with support and infill a hole can be added
Update version 0.2
Thanks to the comment on the make by VarmintLP there is also a version with a hole. The idea was to use vase mode and drilling a hole through a single layer shouldn't be a problem - don't use this version if you want to print this as intended.
Printed in PLA with a nozzle diameter of 0.8mm, a layer height of 0.2mm, extensive cooling, a flowrate of 110%, a minimal layer print time of 20 sec, a minimal printing speed of 1mm/s, a extruder temperature of only 175°C and 2 bottom layers in spiral vase mode produced the best results.
After printing consider drilling a hole in the top and put some wire through or directly a string to hang them somewhere