After 7 months of printing (almost nonstop), I can safely say that this thing is stable and would last for quite a while depending on the type of filament that you will use or used to print this thing. see attached vid
I am listing this as a work in progress because I haven't really done any rigorous test to prove this thing's stability and strength. But I have a feeling that it'll be just fine (did a stress analysis and checked out just fine) that's why I went ahead and posted this mod.
take note that this thing completely replaces your y plate bracket.
is this necessary? no, it is not, sticking with the stock v wheels or doing the single rail will do just fine.
the only benefit you'll get from doing this if it is done correctly is that you'll only lose very minimal z height compared to the single rail mod (around 5mm). A guaranteed solid base compared to the stock and your driving force will remain at the center of the bed unlike with the single rail it will be shifted a little bit towards the right side.
2x 300mm mgn 12h
M3x10mm x 10 + t-nuts (for mounting the rails to the y frame, I only used 5 on each side)
M3x12mm x4 (for mounting the new y bracket plate to the rail block)
M4x16mm x2 + t-nuts (for mounting the y switch bracket on the y aluminum frame)
Sunlu Carbon Fiber reinforced PLA
anywhere between 30%-100%
I can't stress this enough, PRINT THE INITIAL LAYER SLOOOOOOOWLY. and if you aint picky use brim for added security. reason for this is that you do not want any warping, bending, or lifting to happen in the middle of the print. it is important that this thing remains flat until the end.