This printed Ender 3 replacement mainboard case has an included adaptor to fit a MKS Gen L. It is compatible with Ender 3 and Ender 3 Pro. This makes switching to this mainboard very easy. The entire process is outlined in my accompanying video: https://youtu.be/LNdMYgwez8Y
Simply print the upper and lower lids. The third part is an early development mount and it is not recommended. It works, but only with the Ender 3 Pro.:
- Compatible with Ender 3 and Ender 3 Pro.
- Uses minimal filament and prints without support.
- Factory mounting hardware is retained.
- Two lid pieces snap together for easy, hinged access.
- Fan is moved to the front, and now blows over the stepper motor drivers. Exit holes for fan are near the X stepper driver to encourage this further.
- Easy USB port access.
The downside is that access to the mainboard is now from underneath (like in the Ender 3 Pro). At least only one bolt needs to be undone to swing open the lower lid. I've found that propping some filament rolls undo the side of the printer makes under side access easier.
STEP files added so people can remix to suit other mainboards.
A flat/smooth layer is important for the upper and lower lids to have a nice appearance.