20190214 Update - uploaded "a7iiiLCDHood_005Stronger.stl" which should have better strength. The initial design's walls started to break on me after about 5 uses. It also has a little bit wider tolerances and isn't as hard to put on and take off.
- Basic LCD screen hood/sun shade for the Sony a7iii.
- Easier to see the LCD screen in full sunlight or bright indoor situations.
- It works! The screen is easier to see!
- At the moment the design is a tight fit and could create stress on the LCD screen mounts with the hood coming on and off repeatedly.
- The side walls bowed out during printing. Not a huge deal but aesthetically sad.
- The side walls are a little fragile.
- The PLA is shiny/reflective. Might try a matte black spray paint on the inside or just rough up with sandpaper.
- Fits slightly off center due to the finger pulls on the left side of the screen. Will need more work on the design to fix.
I have other projects so I doubt I'll revisit this anytime soon. The tinkercad project link is located below if anyone cares to take a stab at a remix.
Inspired by this project by sunnyspeed-3d:
3D Fuel Pro PLA
Not a huge fan of this filament but it's what I have. ~3 hr print for me.