this pump I designed for my self-made cocktail machine to pump the non-alcoholics. The older version of my machine (check it out on cocktailnator.de) used a compressor and a pressure system, with the peristaltic pump it is now way easier.
So when you need to pump your liquids quick and don't wanna spend much money on a pump, this one will do the trick. With the right motor in place the pump moves 400ml / 20 sec. The pump is design for a high spin but finding the right motor wasn't that easy. I tried several motors and gear sizes and ended with the one listed under the required parts sections.
Be aware that the pump produces lots of vibration when it is spinning fast. This is why I made suitable pulse dampers, too, linked below. You need them anyway to attach the pumpBaseTopMount to the pumpBaseBottomMount, but I recommend to print the dampers with flexible filament.
For one pump you will need...
- 1 strong DC motor, check out this google search
- 1 silicone tube, 6mm outer diameter
- 5 skateboard ball bearings (normal ones should have 22mm outer diameter and 8mm inner diameter
- M3 screws (9 x 6mm, 3 x 10mm, 8 x 20mm) and M3 nuts
- self printed pulse dampers, see this link: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3321534
first prototyp spinning (without pulse dumpers)