Customize this ornament for any special occasion - baby's first Christmas, wedding, birth of a child, graduation, big wedding anniversary, job promotion - whatever you want to celebrate!
This is a an ornament that can be easily customized, but you MUST use Fusion 360. Anyone with basic knowledge of F360, enough to change a Sketch, will have the skills to do this.
- Download the files - will contain the F360 archive (*.f3d)
- In F360, create a new project/double-click to open it
- Upload the previously downloaded archive file
- When finished uploading, double-click to open the file for editing
- Under Sketches, Message Text - Edit Sketch/Click the existing text/Edit Text
- You may have to change the size/position of your text
- Stop sketch
- Under Sketches, Date Text - Edit Sketch/Click existing date/Edit Text.
- You can use full year (eg: 2019) or dd-mm-yy format
- Adjust size to fit the Date Frame rectangle
- Stop sketch
- Replay the timeline to make sure everything looks OK
- Save your file
- Save as STL
Note: it's easy to turn this into a drink coaster by editing the design file:
- Edit the sketch named "Base"
- On the hanger feature, delete the center circle and outside curve
- Stop sketch, save as STL
The model took about 3 hours to print at "Fine" resolution on my MonoPrice Mini Select 3D printer. Supports not required. However, good bed adhesion is necessary. I had two failed prints due to warping. The fix was to apply Aqua Net Hair Spray to my glass bed in-between prints.
Filamentum Rapunzel Silver 1.75mm
Sliced with Cura 3.5.1 with stock/default "Fine" resolution for the MonoPrice Select Mini:
- Layer Height: 0.1313mm
- Initial Layer Height: 0.2625mm
- Initial Print Temp: 205C/ Bed: 65C
- Print Temp: 200C/Bed: 60C
- Print Speed: 50mm/s
Some minor stringing and very few "zits". Clean-up fairly easy with just a tweezers.
Fusion 360 design tutorial