Tiny whoop gate base for making lighted / non lighted whoop gates. I used 9 foot EL wire from amazon which allows the wire to go through the loop TWICE so its slightly brighter.
This design also allows assembling the hoop while detached from the base to make assembly easier.
The gate can be mounted on the dual PVC feet for on the ground, Or can be mounted on a PVC post using the center hole in the base . The holes can also be used to zip-tie the gates in various positions on PVC poles.
- Cut a 59" long piece of the 3/8" diameter tubing
- Tie a screw that fits loosely in the tube to some string or fishing line.
- Feed screw with line through tube
- Tape fishing line to end of EL wire
- Pull EL wire through tube until 2" is exposed
- un-tape string from end.
- tape end of EL wire to rest of EL wire. (should be about 2-3" of EL wire exposed forming a loop)
- feed rest of EL wire into loop.
- Feed loop into gate base.
the PVC pipe fits VERY tight into the gate. It helps to put a tapered end onto the PVC pipe (my oversized pencil sharpener works great for this.
Expanded horizontal holes so they are slightly easier to insert PVC into.
Added vertical stand PVC base and endcap. The base design was designed to be able to be placed on the floor or on a PVC post. the new parts are a Y base with vertical plug for mounting the gate at any hight you want.
Gate Y Base uses the same 1/2 pvc as the gate itself so the feat from the gate can be reused as arms of the Y base.
use at least 40% infill to make the base strong enough.
The Gate base only needs 10% infill if using gyroid infill.