UPDATE -- 5/15/2019
I've made a version of the Niche Zero PF stand for the Decent Espresso DE1 portafilter. The settings are as follows:
- LUGL=0 // This is so that there is no cutout for the lugs. The lugs will just rest on top of the PF stand walls.
UPDATE -- 1/15/2019
I've made the following tweaks to the design
- Added an alignment tab (channel guide) which can be placed under the bolt head on the base of the Niche Zero. This solves the problem of the PF handle wandering while grinding.
- Added a notch on the back of the PF stand to accommodate the PF funnel with 2 tabs.
- Added a channel on the bottom of the PF stand to go over the alignment tab.
- Modified the SCAD file to select whether to print the PF stand or the alignment tab.
And... a video of grinding into the PF using the stand and funnel: https://youtu.be/CIa32hdEhw8
This is a customizable portafilter stand for the Niche Zero. The defaults are for the Breville 58mm Portafilter. The hole in the bottom is sized for 10mm diameter, 3mm tall circular magnet. The magnet will help keep the stand on the NZ. So the stronger the magnet the better. These are the magnets I had on hand. So these are the ones I designed for. But since its customizable, you can change the size of the hole diameter to suit the magnets you want to use, e.g. 5mm x 3mm circular magnets..
Modify the OD and ID to adjust the size PF size (e.g. to fit a 53mm PF/basket). Adjust the LUGTH, LUGL, HANDLEW, and HANDLEH for different PFs.
This will probably work as a standalone stand as well.
The Dosing Funnel is the Niche Zero funnel from this thing
I did a reasonably high infill just for its strength. If you are the type to heat up your PF, then I recommend you not use PLA. PETG or ABS would be a better choice. The support is just for the hole in the bottom for the bolt on the Niche Zero. Put a 10mm diameter / 3mm thick circular magnet in there.
I protoyped it in Tinkercad then made the customizable version in OpenSCAD