The wood lathe makes a great slow-speed, low-heat sander for quick deburring of plastic with little risk of melting it. I also use the lathe for sanding sculpted spoons.
This is an adapter for 1" x 8 TPI lathe spindles to mount old 5" sanding discs.
(an undersized 4.5" version is also attached)
This + plywood circle +
- Velcro = semi-hard sanding surface.
- Mousepad + Velcro = squishy sanding surface (my favorite).
- Soft density foam interface pad = excellent for convex surfaces
It prints very well. If you have boogers in the threads, you can clean them out super quick using a 1 x 8 TPI tap (for tapping wood).
- Finer resolution will give better threads. I did 0.1mm
- PLA works great! I've had extremely good experience with AmazonBasics.
- Beef up your top, bottom, and walls...then go easy on infill.
You don't need to say thanks. But, if you absolutely must, here are affiliate links to the mentioned items.
https://amzn.to/2VC3PNe - 1x8 TPI tap
https://amzn.to/2SLWoBj - Soft density foam interface pad
Top layers: 8
Bottom layers: 14