This is a dual Z axis mod for the Creality Ender 3. Though there was one available, I wanted one which looked very similar to that of the CR-10S. I borrowed and edited files from, CR-10 OEM - Complete 3D Model, CR-10 Dual Z-Axis Belt Synchronizer as well as Parametric pulley - lots of tooth profiles. I will like to thank these creators for all their contributions.
This mod helps keep the Z axis and X axis trammed. Moreover, it will beneficial if I decide to try direct drive on my printer.
I printed my Flange Lead Screw Nut and used a heated lead screw to thread it. However, I will replace it with a metallic one I ordered from AliExpress. The printed functions as it should with no issues at all.
Below are addition items I purchased for the mod. Most are available at cheap prices on AliExpress.
- GT2 5mm Bore Aluminum Toothless Timing Belt Idler Pulley for 3D Printer 6mm Width Timing Belt
- GT2 2GT Conveyor Belt 670-2GT-6 Rubber Timing Belt 335 Teeth 2mm Pitch in Closed Loop L=670mm W=6mm
- 688ZZ Deep Groove Ball Bearing Double Shield 688-2Z 2080088, 8mm x 16mm x 5mm Carbon Steel Bearings
- T8 nut Pitch 2mm Lead 8mm Brass T8x8mm Flange Lead Screw Nut
- 400mm 8mm Lead Screw ACME Lead Screw