Show your allegiance to the Elders and the ADVENT coalition by printing this amazing statue of an Elder from XCOM 2.
THE ORIGINAL STATUE MODELS WERE EXTRACTED FROM THE GAME'S SDK AND MODIFIED FOR 3D PRINTING. I CLAIM NO OWNERSHIP OF THE ORIGINAL MODELS AND WILL TAKE THIS PAGE DOWN SHOULD ANY COPYRIGHT ISSUES ARISE. XCOM 2 IS OWNED BY TAKE-TWO INTERACTIVE SOFTWARE, INC.
I decided to pay tribute to one of my favorite games of all time, XCOM 2. Like most game rips, the models are low-poly, but I decided no to mess with that since it adds a certain level of elegance to the statue. The pedestal is cutom made.
There are multiple variations to each part (the ones in italics are shown in the pictures):
- Top_ArmsIN.stl is the top half of the statue that gets blown up in the first mission of the game
- Top_ArmsOUT.stl is the top half of the icon for the AVATAR project on the map
- Botom.stl is the bottom half of the statue which slots into the base (press fit)
- Bottom_MAG.stl is a modified version with three holes for magnets
- Pedestal.stl is the basic pedestal that goes with "Bottom.stl"
- Pedestal_MAG.stl goes with "Bottom_MAG.stl"
- Pedestal_MAG_hollow.stl (+ Pedestal_MAG_hollow_lid.stl) also goes with "Bottom_MAG.stl", and it's designed to be filled with sand/rocks/whatever in order to be heavier and feel more like a pedestal
Note: ADVENT_logo.stl works for all pedestal variations.
PS: Pardon my awful photography skills.
The stains on the top of the pedestal and the feet of the statue were caused by my (unsuccessful) attempt to remove excess super glue with acetone.
Brass, Black, Grey
The supports on the top parts of the statue are quite easy to knock over (my printer did it twice, hence the glued-on chin) so you should probably mess with the support settings a little.
The magnets used are 5x5mm Neodymium and are fixed in place with regular super glue.
The parts of the statue stay on firmly enough for a display piece even without glue. If you do decide to use an adhesive, i suggest 2-part epoxy. All joints have grooves designed for it.