This insert fits in the groove of a 20mm Makerbeam type rail.
1) The hole in the slot is 3.96mm 5/32" hole for a 10-32 bolt.
2) This will allow you to tighten the insert into the rail.
3) Use the bolt to thread the hole in the insert (or a 10/32 tap).
4) Modify the surface of the "blank insert" yourself to hold anything.
5) I included an SVG from Inkscape if you want to laser cut the insert
6) The DXF file can be modified to hold anything onto the rail.
7) Scale the insert on the z axis to make the insert longer.
8) Inkscape was used to trace the outline of the channel
This is part of an automated, arduino controlled, Immunostainer - based on a Makerbeam type frame and Nema 17 stepper motors. Megunolink is used for the control, protocol definition and user interface.