I got a Lerdge order for my Tevo Tornado (Lerdge K board /w LV8729, Power Mon module, SSR/Mosfet and USB & Wifi modules) but I didn't want to mod the Tornado case (I intend to reuse it and the original components for a MPCNC).
I wanted to design something fun for my new case, not just the standard rectangle with an angled front.
I decided to use the Companion Cube from Portal 1, but quickly found that including the power supply meant making the Cube much larger than I wanted.
So I moved the power supply and mosfet into an appropriate base for the companion cube: The Portal button!
The Cube will simply be placed on the button and 2 sets of wires will run from inside the button base to the back of the cube.
Parts to print:
- 1x Base - Back
- 1x Base - Front
- 4x Base - Foot
- 1x Base - Top
- 1x Case - Panel (Rear)
- 1x Case - Panel (Front)
- 1x Case - Panel (Left)
- 1x Case - Panel (Right)
- 1x Case - Panel (Top)
- 1x Case - Panel (Bottom)
- 12x Case - Center edge
- 4x Case - Corner (Top)
- 4x Case - Corner (Bottom)
- 3x Case - Circle
- 3x Case - Heart
- 1x Case - Front line (Upper)
- 1x Case - Front line (Lower)
- 2x Case - Front line (L&R)
- 1x MR30 - Single
- 1x XT30 - Single
- 1x XT30 - Bar (Upper)
- 1x XT30 - Bar (Lower)
Grey, White, Pink, Red
Printed with my Tarantula and Tornado printers.
0.2 layer height
Supports: The only parts requiring support are the panels. Panels should be printed with supports all over, not just touching buildplate.
- Dry fit all pieces together.
- Sand as necessary.
- Glue Front line parts to Front panel
- Glue Center edge parts to individual panels where the mounting holes for the Center edge parts are found.
You will need to create short wires for all component with connectors for motherboard on one end and female XT30 (and in 2 cases MR30) connectors soldered to the other end. Be sure to run the wires through the XT30 mounts before soldering them into the XT30/MR30 connectors. Once soldered, seat connectors into the XT30 mounts and apply a small amount of glue if necessary.
Follow this up with soldering XT30/MR30 male connectors onto wires that terminate with the individual components on the other end.
- Mount all hardware to appropriate panel including XT30 mounts, using M3 x6 or x8 bolts and M3 x30 bolts for the fan.
- Press fit Heart into Circle.
- Press fit Circle into Top, Left and Right panels.
- Place Corner (Bottom) onto Bottom panel.
- Hold Front panel onto Bottom panel and secure in place with M3 x12 bolts.
- Repeat for Rear panel.
- Slide Left panel onto mounting points on Front and Rear panels.
- Repeat for Right panel.
- Connect all wires to Lerdge-K board.
- Place Top panel in position, secure in place with M3 x12 bolts
- Insert Corner (top) parts into mounting holes on Top panel.
- Mount Power monitor module to Base - Back using M3 x6 or x8 bolts.
- Mount C14 outlet to Base - Back using M3 x16 bolts and nuts.
- Connect 3 Base - Foot parts to Base - Back.
- Connect 1 Base - Foot parts to Base - Front.
- Push Base - Front down on the 2 Base - Foot parts on the edges of Base - Back.
- Drop Power supply onto mounting studs.
- Line up the 4 cutouts on bottom of Base - Top with the 4 Base - Foot studs and drop into place.
M3 x6 or x8 (23) [LCD, Lerdge-K, Power module, XT 30 mounts, Power dist bar]
M3 x12 (8) [Top and Bottom panels]
M3 x30 (4) [Fan]
M3 nut (6) [LCD & Power dist bar]
M3 x6 or x8 (4) [Mosfet]
M3 x16 (2) [C14 outlet]
M3 nut (2) [C14 outlet]