While bashing with my Traxxas Slash, it started flipping and hit a tree with the side, resulting in a broken nerf bar (the black bumper on the side).
I could just buy a new set, but I hadn't used my printer for a while, so I decide to print a new one.
I found 2 excisting files, but both where not the same as the original part. One was wider than the original (and unfortunately too wide for my printer), the other pushed the body too far out, deforming it quite a bit.
I designed this one to be as close the the original as possible. Using the given printersettings I ended up with a perfect fit part.
It's a bit stiffer than the original part (although this could also be because the original has seen over 4 years of action).
I've only printed it in PLA. ABS is more stiffer then PLA so I don't think it's suitable for this print. This part should be able to flex in order to absorb the impactforces.
Designed with Autodesk Inventor Pro 2018
Real Dutch Filament PLA
I used 3 outer perimeters (shells) for this print. Since I used 75% infill I ended up with an almost solid print.
Infill only matters for the 2 pieces where the mountingscrews are.
I used 2 solid top and bottom layers.
Print with the "clip", that clips onto the chassis, touching the printbed, with supports turned on.
Print in PLA since it's flexible and can absorb the impactforces (just as the original).