This is my version of the IXXI photo collage system. It hangs photo's or colored plaques in a neat way.
I would be surprised if these connectors and/or picture template are interchangeable with each other.
I cannot be held responsible for the system failing and leaving you behind with worthless pictures printed. I do however would like to hear that, so I might improve the design.
I would suggest you try a 2x2 collage first and give that to your parents. Then proceed with your monstrous plan to cover your whole living room wall.
- Print pictures using the template PSD on thick (>180g/m²) photopaper or glue them to cardboard. Feed the paper exactly straight or it might skew the print a little. You can also experiment with other sizes like 10x10 and 40x40.
- Trim the edges of the picture at the crop marks and punch a hole exactly at the hole, using a hole puncher.
- Print top connectors for the top of the total picture collage, bottom corner connectors for the 2 bottom corners, side connectors for the side and bottom; center connectors for the centers.
- Cut the left half of a top connector. This will be your left top.
- Screw or tape the top connectors to the wall, 200 mm apart. This has to be done very precise and level, so a wooden wall/bar/plate and a water-level and precise ruler are preferred.
- Hang the top layer of pictures on the connectors. You will have to push hard enough.
- Connect the rest from the bottom of the first row, using the center connectors and 2 at the sides.
- Connects the bottom row and connect the 2 tiny corner dots in the corner.
- Like this thing if you like the result. I would also really love to see makes and hear suggestions.