Inspired by several other excellent designs, including dist's PÄR² joystick, which I have already remixed, I decided to create my own custom stick design. This stick body is much easier to print, since it uses mitered angles (none more than 45°) on the edges and corners.
It is somewhat similar in dimensions to that stick, but is narrower, based on input from my wife, who said that she wanted a stick that better fit into her hands. Additionally, a PCB slot has been added to the underside of the top portion of the stick so that electronics (like autofire, or Bluetooth) may be easily added.
It uses the same hardware as my earlier remix:
- 4x M3 x 12 flat head machine screws (to replace the ones that came with the joystick)
- 2x #4-40 machine screws and nuts (to retain the DB9 connector)
- 1x DB9 female panel mount solder-type connector
- 4x M3 x 3 heatset inserts, embedded into the top of the joystick body
- 4x M3 x 16 button-head cap screws, to screw the body together
And it uses the following arcade buttons and joystick module:
- 1x Sanwa JLF-TP-8YT-SK joystick module
- 2x Sanwa OBSF-30 30mm buttons