Turn signal/road communication device
The project was developed over the span of 3 months as part of the
Hemda’s Makers course.
The inspiration for the project came from the question: If every vehicle has a way to communicate with all the other vehicles, then how come bikers don’t have a way to do the same?
When the question wasn’t answered by a google search, we decided to answer it ourselves. And this is where BackLit comes in.
BackLit is a real-time voice-controlled detachable turn signal/road communication device, meant primarily for cyclists.
To build one you will need:
- Print the above files
- Install the electronic hardware inside following the Electronics image
- Check the Fritzing wiring scheme
- Install the app to send voice commands
Download Arduino code from
- Please note that you will have to upload libraries Adafruit_NeoPixel.h
How to use?
Switch on BackLit
- You can choose LED colors - When you launch the App first say Red\Blue\Green\Rainbow then its ready for your direction prompts Left\Right
- Edit the code and add more colors\function\add other languages for right\left\colors
Ride safe and please share ☺