This version of the Eiffel Tower I have merged with an STL file that provides vertical supports for the railing on the lower deck, and fill-in for two top sections that were very brittle. Also the fill-in for the top part more closely matches the current tower.
I printed using a Printrbot Jr V2 with ALU extruder in PLA. The PLA I used is not very consistent, but is a nice color for the tower.
Update 3: I figured out that if I slice with Slic3r-1.0.1 the small internal structure of the tower legs doesn't get printed at all. I switched back to using Slic3r-1.0.0RC3 to get it to work. The one image shows a partial one I printed with 1.0.1. And I am using better PLA, so it is working better.
Update 2: I exported to one STL file that combines the two I was printing before.
Update: I fixed the railing uprights since there were missing ones on the end. I also made them larger and matched the number of uprights in the original model.
- Load Eiffel_Tower_fixed2.stl