This is fun way to redirect the steam from the steam relief on the Instantpot. Put this on just before you do a steam release so the steam goes out to the side rather than up under the cabinets.
-Siburmax (first remix)
I smoothed out some of the flat horizontal/vertical surfaces, especially on the inside. It requires fewer supports to print now (if printing upright). I ended up not printing it upright. Instead, I rotated it with the mouth pointing up. It came out just fine on the first try.
Hatchbox PLA 1.75mm
Sliced via Cura 3.6.0.
- I rotated the model so the mouth points upward to give the facial features the highest quality - and avoid support connections there.
- I slightly tipped the head to the side so that Cura would generate a long thing support from the bed up to the nose.
- I generated supports from the bed only using
- 50 degree overhang angle
- zig zag pattern (45 degree line direction)
- 15% density
- Enabled support interfaces with zig zag pattern and the rest were default values
The supports were moderately easy to remove. I just had to be careful and cut away the concentric shells around the small spines on the back of the neck before pulling the zig zags off. The most difficult part was the interface on the back of the neck - I had to use flush cutters, starting from the corners, and carefully twisted and peeled it.
I used Blender and imported the original STL. I remove some spurious geometry from the inside where the original dragon throat met the inner pipe. I just selected vertices surrounding the sharp edges that I wanted to smooth out and ran iterations of vertex smoothing. I focused on the inside throat and the flanks of the lower neck on the outside.