Yet another lid for a Sagrotan/Dettol hands-free hand soap dispenser.
An original 250 cm³ re-fil for this costs € 3.45 in my local supermarket, or € 13.8 / 1 dm³. Store brand liquid soap costs € 0.79 per 750 cm³ pouch, or € 1.05 / 1 dm³. Savings of over an order of margnitude is something a Swabian can’t skip, really.
Print settings are not too important.
The lid itself doesn’t need much work. Maybe a bit of sanding to get a nicely rounded top edge.
What i found harder than expected was making a hole in the empty original container. I did it like this:
- Switch off the dispenser and take the container out
- Peel off the old label and clean the container with propan-2-ol or similar
- Take a large coin (€ 2) and draw a circle around it at top centre of the thing
- Use a straight awl and a rubber mallet to punch a ring of holes into it
- Use a side cutter to cut out the plastic between the holes
DIY perforation with awl and mallet
Cut out with side cutter
There are at least three other things 948701 2612891 854592 already here, so why another one? Mostly because i didn’t really look before i designed this. But why upload it then? Because i like the rounding and the clip-on effect of mine. Things the other ones don’t have.
This was done in OpenSCAD, and i have added the source file. There is also some design history at my github repo
Oh, and i guess i could have turned the smoothness down a bit.