A fancy desktop nameplate, extruded from the letters themselves. The picture shows "Willi Wusel", a german name used by some like a placeholder, similar to "FooBar" in English.
Customize the object to show your own text: Press "Open in Customizer" above or install OpenSCAD on your own computer.
Bugfix: Now also letters which go below the writing line (p, q, j) will be shown without being cut off completely.
There are two designs:
1) The heights of the letters are random, so each time you render it, a different look will emerge.
2) The extruded letters are all rotated right or left by an angle you specify.
BUGFIX: Now the customizer works.
If you have parts of the font disconnected (like the dot in the letter 'i' or 'j'), leave on the automatic detection which will try to connect the dots during the print.
You can customize:
- The shown text.
- The style (Random_height or Rotated)
- The font. Nice is e.g.: "Spicy Rice". It might work with other fonts, but be sure to use one which is pretty wide to get enough overlap of the letters for printing
- Font size
- The overlap of the individual letters
- The type of base (Bar, Rounded or None). Use 'None' if you use just one word and it all is already in one printable piece.
If you could take a picture of an actual print, please publish it via the "post a make" button. - I am curious to see your uses in the wild.
If you like it, also check out my configurable text based creations, sweeping name plate, customizable text box III, pyramid text, name plate, Customizable text box with lid and round text. Have also a look at my configurable pack of dogs and rabbits. Or see the customizable filament swatches to have an overview over your material.
.2mm and 20% infill.
No support needed.
Print it like it is generated, it will be fine.