We had fun creating a barge and train to replace the link tiles for both Brass Birmingham and Brass Lancashire boardgames released by Roxley Games - a sequel and deluxe version of the classic economic strategy game Brass by Martin Wallace. We find these printed pieces make quite the difference in game play as you can see the pieces on the board more easily as opposed to flat link tiles.
We've designed trays that fit in with other Thingiverse inserts, I'll post that separately.
Important note: I remixed the Barge from Martin20354's design, thanks a bunch Martin!
I created the train from scratch with lots of trial and error after I'd say 8-9 years of hiatus from 3D software use. Really fun first project :)
e-sun PLA +
brown, purple, yellow, white
Bed temperature: 70
We were having issues with lifting of the corners and the barges actually coming off the plate (my first spaghetti monster !). I think we have fixed the issue now with a barrier around the printer for drafts, but at that point we hadn't thought about that. So we increased the bed temperature to 70 deg C
Nozzle temperature: 210
We were having stringing and lowering the nozzle temperature seems to have helped
Per print quantities - with "Complete individual objects" and a 5cm clearance selected on Slic3r:
My nozzle is 0.4mm in case you wanted to know :)