Hey! This thing is still a Work in Progress. Files, instructions, and other stuff might change!
Arduino USB Connector Mount
by cmceezee, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Ever have your Arduino connected to your computer, forget it's connected and then run off to test something when all of a sudden, the cord / Arduino is yanked off the table, everything drags on the floor and if you're lucky, nothing is broken?
Well this connector allows you prevent all that headache by using your USB Cable as the mount your Arduino. It should be universal for both PC and Mac as opposed to a laptop screen clip or something
This widget was designed to be used with a Type A / B USB cable that has a housing type A/B housing with dimensions:
Type A: 16mm x 8mm
Type B: 12mm x 10mm
1) Download the widget.
2) It is recommended to print with the large cavity facing upwards
1) The slots are added in each hole to allow for some play and snug fits for both USB connectors. Connecting the Arduino to the cable secures everything and once all is connected, your Arduino will be securely connected to your computer!
2) The stress relief holes don't 3D print well because the Skeinforge algorithm creates a couple floating island slices. This isn't a huge deal and when I have more time, I'll update with a better, more perfectly printable STL file soon.
Here's a YouTube setup video:
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Arduino USB Connector Mount by cmceezee is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving cmceezee a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure cmceezee would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).