This is a modified version of archipelagourbanfarms' Modular Hydroponic System.
- Modular structure, easily scalable
- No tools needed for assembly, just put modules together, twist & lock, done
- Module adapter to be glued into water tank's lid
- Filling module with cap
- 1/2/3-way planting modules
- Spacer modules (optional)
- Internal/external water dispenser modules
- Cone module for external water circulation systems
- Custom net pot for Jiffy-7 41 mm grow medium (dry pressed dimensions: diameter 37 mm, thickness: 7.5 mm)
- Custom net pot with 48 mm internal diameter for other grow medium (clay pebbles)
- M3 screw points on planting modules
- Any kind of water pump works with this system
- Outer diameter of planting modules: 115 mm
- Inner diameter of planting modules: 107 mm
- Planting module height: 120 mm
- Spacer module heights: 40/80/120 mm
- Wall thickness: 4 mm
- Clear inner diameter of pot trays: 53.5 mm
- Outer diameter of pot trays: 65 mm
- Compatible silicone hose: ID 10 mm fixed, OD 18 mm (max),
- Temperature sensor mounts in the filling module (10k thermistor): 5 mm cylindrical shell diameter.
- 20% infill
- No support
- 200x200 mm printing area required
- Use wide brims whenever the surface touching the bed is small (filling module, hollow planting modules)
ID=10mm / OD=14mm silicone tube:
ID=18mm / OD=24mm silicone tube:
Filling module update: temperature sensor mounts strengthened
1/2/3-Way planting module update: hexagonal hole replaced with cylindrical hole in which M3 screw fits.
Added alternative 1/2/3-Way planting modules without bottom (tube guiding ring is still there). Roots could clog the little holes in the original version. If you are concerned with this issue use the "hollow' version.
Added Blank_Cap.STL. OtherRyn suggested to cover plant nodes if not in use. Thanks for the idea!
Added new pots with different cutout pattern.
Added Filling_Module_Cut.STL. A 12 mm wide cut is placed at the bottom so you can route wiring easily if connectors don't pass through the 3 small tubes.
Added Filtration_Mesh_Holder_01/02.STL. Use one of the holder as a template and cut out its outer contour from a mesh material. Cut out a ~23mm diameter center hole from the mesh. Sandwich the mesh between the holders, punch the screws through the mesh and tighten them. Use stainless steel screws/nuts/washers! Once assembled drop it into one of the Module Spacers. There's no fixture, the whole thing should sit tight due to gravity. Place it below the filling module to catch debris.
Added Stream_Breaker.STL. Attach this element onto the dispenser module's cup if the water stream is too strong. The friction should fix the 3 legs in place.
Added Lid_Without_Holes.STL. To prevent algae growth on the top of the system use this version. Air ventilation should be still good due to the air gaps between planting modules.
IKEA Muskot Pot 7 1/2" adapter modified (inner diameter increased from 232mm to 240mm) and a single-part version is uploaded for larger printer beds. If you had a tight-fit issue with it before, replace with this modified part.