I had a backup Meanwell NES-350-24 power supply sitting for over a year incase my stock MK3 power supply died. Well it finally failed on me and I wasn't too thrilled with any cases I found online so I decided to design my own. It takes a lot of design cues from the original Prusa power supply case but is optimized and sized for the larger more powerful Meanwell power supply.
I printed this in Prusament Jet Black PETG and have tested it on my personal MK3 and the fit and tolerances are perfect. If you are printing in any other filament type other than PETG I can’t guarantee the fit will be the same. Frame is still very sturdy like with the stock PSU. As is it an integral part in keeping the frame rigid.
Stock screws that hold the PSU to the frame and to the Y-axis are reused.
Adapter plate is needed to secure the PSU to the frame as the mounting holes between the stock PSU and the meanwell PSU are different.
YOU WILL NEED longer wires for the two power cables that run from the meanwell PSU to the Einsy board. The power panic wire is longer and does not have to be extended.
The original power switch and power receptacle/power panic board will be reused. You MAY need longer wires from the power switch and power receptacle. I just remade new ones when I put together the meanwell power supply.
The bottom cover has a small notch in the corner closest to the Y-axis bracket because the meanwell power supply is bigger and would interfere with the back plate of the extrusions on the Y-axis.
Screws needed for the case:
- 2 -- M4 x 8mm Flat Head Hex Drive Screw (Adapter Plate to PSU)
- 4 -- M4 x 10mm Flat Head Hex Drive Screw (Top Cover to PSU)
- 2 -- M4 Nut (Prusa Frame to Adapter Plate)
- 4 -- M3 Square Nuts (Bottom Plate) Can be reused from your stock PSU case
- 6 -- M3 x 8mm Flat Head Hex Drive Screw (Top plate to bottom plate & power receptacle) Can be reused from your stock PSU case
- 6 -- M3 Nylon Lock Nut (Power receptacle) Can be reused from your stock PSU case
Print parts in the orientation they are in the STL files. No supports needed.
Modeled in Fusion 360 pulling measurements and design details from Prusa's power supply case and the dimensional drawings of the Meanwell power supply.